Tuesday 7 August 2012

The Body Shop Haul/Review ♡

So I recently went to The Body Shop and bought some products that I couldn't take my eyes away from. I love them all, hence the reason I'm writing a positive review on them. I generally love the whole store, especially the skin and hair care products.However I must say that I'm not very fond with the make-up they sell... i mean it could also be because i not a big make-up junkie myself but i do love make-up and on that note lets get started!!  ☺

Strawberry, Mango & Moringa Body Butter:




I am in love with these Body Butters! They smell awesome, not only that but they do awesome to! They hydrate the skin, this is great for people like me who suffer from over-dried, dehydrated skin. I noticed that they soften and soothe my hands, where the dryness is at its best :( I found that they contain Shea Butter which is a natural chemical and a necessity for the skin. This helps keep the skin moisturised and in its best condition. You might think i'm just saying this but honestly my hands get really dry especially during the summer, meaning i must use something to avoid this dryness and maintain a soft and smooth touch of skin. I hate having super dried hands and it gets worse when cuts develop and they start to bleed, it really gets to me sometimes. One more thing about this cream that i adore! It contains Cyclopentasiloxane (a.k.a CPS) which helps retain water while allowing the skin to breath. Basically what it means is that when you applied cream onto your hands and you wash and dry them, the cream will maintain the softness it had on your hands before which means you don't need to apply more cream onto your hands.

TIP: Don't apply this Body Butter onto your face.


Strawberry, Mango & Moringa Shower Gels:



 

Shower gels were actually the main reason I came into The Body Shop in the first place. These are my favourite shower gels to use so far because they truly do have heavily fragrances that infuse into your nose the moment you open the lid. The one I'm adoring currently is the Mango Extract because according to them 'For years, Indian women have been rubbing the kernels from the velvety mango onto their skin to keep it soft'. One of the ingredients used to make these gels is Cocamidoprupyl betain which allows the water to wash away the dirt and oil on the surface o the skin. I love taking showers before i Head to bed and i like using the strawberry shower gel because weirdly it helps me get to sleep because the scent is really heavy but not to the extent that it annoys you, the good kind of heavy... if that makes sense ha.

TIP: For best results use exfoliating gloves to deeply penetrate through the skin and remove excess oil and dirt lying on the surface of your skin.




DeoDry:





 Yes it is a deodorant! And it is a weird product to be doing a review on, but i must admit that it is worth it. My favourite feature about this product is that it's not a spray bottle. It's a roll-on, which means it is healthier for your underarms, since it doesn't darken them as much as the spray does and it doesn't cause irritation or stinginess that most deodorant sprays do. It says on the bottle that there are no Aluminium salts, which means a longer lasting protection. I love the size of this product because you can easily pop in your bag and its not heavy!


TIP: Don't share your roll-on deodorants with anyone else because it's very unhygienic and can transfer bacteria and other nasties!




Strawberry & Mango Body Mists:






These Body Mists truly do have refreshing scents that are great for Summer/Spring. I would keep one in my bag whenever I'm heading out; because i don't really use my expensive perfumes with strong fragrances when i go out unless it's a party or an occasion. I recommend you guys to actually smell these wonderful scents, this was my first time purchasing Body Mists from The Body Shop and i so far love em'.

TIP: Don't use the same scent over and over again, because you will eventually get sick of it.







Small note: I'm sorry i couldn't enlarge the last pic, I'm a beginner at this blog thing :)

















1 comment:

  1. Love body shop body butters! They smell absolutely gorgeous!
    beautymarkedmel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete